Dance Studios: Info & FAQ
Welcome and thank you for your interest in pre-ordering photos from picture day at the dance studio!
Our Product Offerings - Explained
How & Why to Pre-Order Online, with brief website tutorial
Tips to get be prepared and get the most out of the shoot.
- If you ordered last year, please use the same account information for ordering this year.
- Your username is your email address.
- If you forgot your password, you can enter your email address and change your password.
- Store your account information for later use.
- Please make sure to wear clean, fresh tights without runs or holes.
- Please remove any color from nails and toes, except french style manicures.
- Wear light “stage” makeup - does not need to be applied as heavily as for actual performances - it’s better to match your foundation to your actual skin color than to go for darker tones than natural. You want it to match when you have sleeveless costumes.
- Please either get new shoes or clean or polish your shoes for the best appearance.
- Please make sure your costumes are fitted properly and have all parts assembled and accessories are with you on site.
What to bring:
- Your dance costumes and related accessories
- Extra makeup
- Extra hair supplies, such as bobbi pins, hair pins, hair ties, and so forth.
- Safety pins for ill-fitting costumes or accessories that need to be attached.
- New or clean tights.
- Clean dance shoots.
- A book, homework or something quiet to do while waiting for your timeslots
- A positive attitude
At the shoot:
- Each dancer will be photographed with their groups and alone for each costume.
- We do this so each person has the most options to capture all of their memories, and for the studio to have many great options for advertising content.
- For things to move smoothly, please think about what pose you would like to do, or if open to suggestions, listen to the person providing a pose.
- When being posed for a group shot, please stay in place while everyone is receiving their instructions. This helps us visualize the final look.
- With posing, when in doubt, keep it simple and choose things that you know you can hold for a dozen seconds or so, or that you can nail in 1-2 tries.
- Please make sure to warm up and stretch so that your body is ready.
- When I am doing a photo shoot, I tend to get very focused and can be seen as very serious. This is me at work. Please don’t be offended if I give you direct feedback. I am also trying to be more light hearted and relaxed during shoots, but at the end of the day, I’m there to create the best possible images.
- Please keep all sales related questions to before or after shoot day, or refer to the other videos in this series.
- Please be early and ready for your times. We understand there may be some fast changes, we hope that you’ll do your best to help us stay on schedule.
- If we get off schedule, please understand that we are doing our best and there are many moving parts, and that you play a role in staying on time.
- Please be patient and present - this is supposed to be fun- we’re making art after all!
Online Pre-Ordering Process
- Go to https://order.ccphotoandmedia.com
- If you have an account from last year, log in with your email and password using the ”Log In” link on the top left of the screen.
- If you have forgotten your password, please click the option to reset the password, and then save your account information for later use.
- Choose “Dance Studio: Pre-Order” from the top navigation.
- Browse the collections and a la carte options.
- Add your preferred options to your cart and follow the prompts for options/info on each item.
- When you’re finished making selections, click “My Cart” in the top right of the screen.
- Review your cart and click “Proceed to Checkout”
- Just like ordering on any other store, you will be prompted to enter your contact information and then payment information.
- If you don’t have an account, you’ll be prompted to create one. Please store this information, as you will need it later for order confirmation and photo selection. This account will allow us to link up your web gallery later.
- Click “Place your order” to finish the process.
Proof images reflect simple edits only (such as exposure, contrast and white balance), however all purchased images will be fully retouched (background extended/cleaned, etc) - a $65+ value per image, provided at no extra charge .
Allow 2-4 weeks for proofs to become available. You will be notified by e-mail when your proofs are ready.
In order to guarantee satisfaction, all pre-orders must be confirmed prior to retouching/printing. The faster you confirm your order, select your images (when applicable), and add any last minute orders, the faster your images will be ready.
Orders are processed in the chronological order they are received and balanced with all other work in our production queue.
We will make 3-5 deliveries to the Studio throughout the summer. The first will be by July 9th.
You will be notified by email when your photos are ready.
Allow 3-5 weeks following image selection/order confirmation for prints to be delivered.
Need Assistance/Have Questions?
If you would like assistance in making your initial selections/ordering you may click here to set up a time to go through the options.
Our standard business hours are M, W-F 10am-6:30pm.